Tuesday, June 17, 2008

To borrow a term from Seinfeld...

The Lakers suffer from "Euromysatisis." That is to say, we're too pathetically soft (Pau Gasol) and unbelievably stupid (Vlad Radmanovic) to ever have seriously contended with the Celtics. It's still midway through the 3rd quarter in game 6 and, even as a die-hard Lakers fan, I don't see the point in watching anymore. Why bother? When the Lakers go up 20, collapse is imminent. When Boston goes up 20, it feels like 80.

Credit to the Celtics. They're smarter and wanted it more. From blatant tanking to a championship. Suddenly, I'm supposed to believe that Doc Rivers is an amazing coach...

Perhaps most retarded of all? Boston wasn't even that gifted an offensive team. Not until they faced LA's phantom defense. I swear, I cannot remember a more joyless Finals in which I've had a rooting interest.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home