Tuesday, July 31, 2007

And the big loser of the Kevin Garnett trade IS...

*drumroll*

... The Lakers. Duh. DUH! You're telling me that the marquee team in the league with the marquee player in the league couldn't throw expiring junk at Kevin McHale and gotten away with it?!? Surely, you jest.

Look, Al Jefferson is going to be a star in this league, but even a mensa like Danny Ainge knows that Kevin Garnett, now, is better than Al Jefferson, now. All of a sudden, Boston, with KG, Paul Pierce, and Ray Allen, looks like the best team in the league... if the year was 2004. Regardless, I think it's more than fair to compare Al Jefferson and his promise to someone like... oh... Andrew Bynum. I'll state, clearly, that I think Jefferson will be the better of the two, but there's no denying -- even from an unbiased point of view -- that Andrew Bynum is going to be a stud in a couple years' time. So what you're telling me, now, is that Andrew Bynum's potential has once again derailed a monumental trade that would've vaulted the Lakers back into the throws of title-land...

...

...

... my God...

Again, look at how little Boston actually gave up in return for one of the league's best. It's ridiculous. In effect, the Lakers could've parted with Bynum, Sasha Vujacic, the rights to Sun Yue, Phil Jackson's chest hair, and a gift certificate to Starbucks and landed KG. I'm sorry, but all I want to do is pull my hair out and shove it down Buss' and Kupchak's throats. That's right, I'm going to make them choke on my hair... The Celtics? Really? Them?!

Who am I kidding. We're not making any big moves any time soon.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home