Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Sports Again: A New Day

For about two and a half years, now, I've been posting whatever was on my mind about myself and the world around me here. But I've felt for a while, and especially recently, that the "King..." page is beginning to lose it's luster and isn't quite the forum for what I largely want to talk about: sports. And thusly, yet another blog is born. But this one is dedicated to a life of sports fanaticism.

I'm talking NFL, NBA, NHL, NCAA hoops and football, soccer -- be it the EPL, MLS, Champions League, or International -- and yeah, even MLB and Grand Slam tennis. Certainly, the Olympics, too. Hell, rugby union? Why not, the World Cup is only a year away (okay, probably not a lot of rugby talk, but hey, keeping options open). If you're looking for Nascar or golf here, two words: Get out.

There's so much joy, drama, tragedy, and especially comedy to be derived from sports. They're great. They make us tick. They give us heroes and villains, escapism and poignancy. And I love it.

As for the title, "Sports Again?!" is a hat tip to my friend, John, who coined the term sarcastically when I was heard to be talking about, well, sports. Again.

Here's a heads up for everyone in cyberspace, I'll be talking all sports, yes, but there'll be a slant (sometimes a heavy one, at that) towards the LA Kings, LA Lakers, Oakland Raiders, Oakland A's, Liverpool FC, and the University of Arizona. Do not misunderstand, my views and opinions will be as unbiased as possible -- being a homer while trying to argue objectively is an excercise in idiocy -- but these being my teams, they'll get a lot of attention.

So feel free to skim the archives in the link above while I repost my two most recent posts from "King..." on this site just to get it jumpstarted. I could riff a little on the World Series, but damn, A) no one watched it and B) everyone's already forgotten about it. Remember when everyone thought the Tigers were unbeatable? Anyway, what better time to rev up the new site than with the start of the NBA season.

All right. Bring on the fans.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

NBA! NBA! NBA! NBA!

I LOVE THE FREAKING NBA!

SO MUCH NBA!

(drool)

-B

10:37 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home